NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Different menu if they log on from mobile phone.  (Read 208 times)

rjolda

• View Profile
    • Email
Different menu if they log on from mobile phone.
« on: April 06, 2024, 06:18:02 AM »
Hi,
I want to display a different menu and possibly a different start screen when the users log onto my program with a mobile phone.  I am using @media <600 to trap small screens.  My menus do change to the hamburg menu.  I have created custom css for the small screens to display correctly.  However, I want to change some behavior of the app on mobile scren.

1. I want to change the menu items - some so display and some not to display.  How does that  get done?  I doubt that i can capture @media < 600 and use it as a condition.  The other way that I can think of is to add a class attribute to the menu items and change their properties in the css.  Which is doaboe or better?

2. I want to display a page with "3 Action Buttons" when they log in on a mobile phone.  One way would be to give it a class name and hide it and use CSS to display if it is in on a small screen.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ron

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Different menu if they log on from mobile phone.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2024, 02:38:11 AM »
>> However, I want to change some behavior of the app on mobile screen.

I think you need to define "mobile screen". Is my laptop mobile? is my 13" ipad?

>> I want to change the menu items - some so display and some not to display.  How does that  get done?

if you are basing the "mobileness" on resolution, then attach a css class to the menu item, and use css to set
display:none
when that resolution is met (ie with a media query).

Cheers
Bruce

osquiabro

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2024, 04:58:20 AM »
for mobile or web is more simple create a buttons in memory form and in custom.css for responsive button

.NavigateMenu {
  background-color: whitesmoke;
  color: black;
  padding: 14px 20px;
  margin: 8px 0;
  cursor: pointer;
  width: 100%;
  opacity: 0.9;
  border-radius: inherit;
  display: block;
  font-size: x-large;
  height: auto;
  background-image: none;
  --bs-border-opacity: 1;
  border-color: black;
  border-radius: unset;
}

rjolda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2024, 08:26:13 AM »
HI Osquiabro,
That is exactly my intent.  From mobile phone, I have 3 activities that they will do.  Going to create a separate MemForm with those three buttons.  Thanks for the info.
BTW, I sent you a message through Net Talk messaging on site to see if you do any consulting.  I am going to need a little help with getting the mobile version of my web app going.
Thanks,
Ron