NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Net Talk - Scan a document  (Read 750 times)

rjolda

• View Profile
    • Email
Net Talk - Scan a document
« on: February 12, 2024, 02:46:01 PM »
Hi,
NT 14.16  C11.0.136
My clients want to scan a document and save it in my NetWeb Program.
How might I accomplish this?   Would they have to pull up a scanner program in Windows and scan the document and then in the web app pick the file with the document?  Is it easier to accomplish in the Web App?
Thanks,
Ron

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Net Talk - Scan a document
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 09:37:45 PM »
>> Would they have to pull up a scanner program in Windows and scan the document and then in the web app pick the file with the document?

yep. I'm not much into scanning myself, but I am not aware of any browser interface to a scanner.

Cheers
Bruce

JohanR

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024, 10:27:18 PM »

Hi Ron

Perhaps not exactly what you need, just some of the ways I'm managing our scanning of docs depending on what the document is
The user can then pick which method for which document.

1) Network printer and scanner - scans to a folder on the network, there is an idle procedure that collects the files there and saves them into the DB, files on the disk with a record pointer to the file. Someone will then later in the desktop app index and tag the pages in the pdf to the correct client records.
2) Upload form - user picks the pdf file from wherever (this is best quality as you can upload native PDF's)
3) Camera on a form that saves the image to PDF into the storage DB
4) In certain situations I also use CamScanner mobile app as a seperate scanning app, produces the best quality that I can find, this is great for bulk scanning , it produces multi page PDF's
which once uploaded can be split into single page PDF's and then indexed in the app by a user.

We use all 4, depending on the doc and where it comes from.

Johan

rjolda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2024, 02:51:50 AM »
THanks for the replies,  gives me lots to think about as to how we will address the problem.  Ron

osquiabro

• View Profile
    • Email