NetTalk Central

Author Topic: JavaScripts problem  (Read 986 times)

rjolda

• View Profile
    • Email
JavaScripts problem
« on: September 06, 2023, 06:45:05 AM »
Hi,
NT 14.04.  Clarion 11.1.13744.
I have my NT app running nicely on my development machine. 
I started a test deployment on a server and I am getting all kinds of javascript loading errors. I have tried lots of things but I think that there is something fundamentally wrong with my setup. I even put Clarion on the Server and compiled it on the server and same problem.  My development machine is using OneDrive for the application development storage.  I think that there is a setting pointing to the Javascript files that is messed up on my server.  Console errors are attached.  Can someone give me some insight into how to fix this Javascript loading problem.  BTW, I have the Visual Studio Runtime installed on my server.
Thanks,
Ron

Jane

• Expert on nothing with opinions on everything.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: JavaScripts problem
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2023, 08:02:33 AM »
Probably The Old "web folder isn't where I think it is" Trick.

If you copied the myappname.ServerSettings.xml file from your development machine you've hard-copied folder settings from that machine.

Either delete that XML file and let NetTalk recreate it or else edit the path in the settings on your web server window while it's running.

rjolda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2023, 11:36:19 AM »
Nice Trick.  I have learned some new magic today!  This css and javascript is still confusing.  Didn't know about the server settings XML file.  Deleting the old one did the trick.
Many thanks Jane.
Ron

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2023, 03:48:28 AM »
You'll also notice the icon to the right of the paths now, so you can open the folder and inspect to see if it's in the right place.