NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Auto certificate update ( again) and web folder query  (Read 912 times)

Richard I

• View Profile
    • Email
Auto certificate update ( again) and web folder query
« on: February 08, 2023, 03:15:33 PM »
Hi,
Question 1
While there have been numerous posts on this NG about LetEncrypt Certificate auto renewal, and in particular, on those apps running as a Service,  I am currently experiencing  failure in the renewal process, on apps running as a service.
Admittedly I may not have been deploying the very latest version of NT in those apps , but subsquently I have upgraded them  to NT 12.54 and downloaded CAroot.pem, Open SSL. libcrypto-1_1.dll,and libssl-1_1.dll
Can I now assume that the certificates will auto upgrade?

Question2
When upgrading a NT app does the upgraded WEB folder need to be copied down each time?
If not then how does a new theme get updated for example?

Thanks
Richard
NT 12.54

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Auto certificate update ( again) and web folder query
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 05:02:07 PM »
Hi Richard,

#1 - you can test by stopping the process, deleting the certificate, and rebooting the machine.

#2 - yes

Cheers
Bruce

osquiabro

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Auto certificate update ( again) and web folder query
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2023, 03:34:11 AM »
#1 - you can test by stopping the process, deleting the certificate, and rebooting the machine.

this is the only solution that work for me but not at service i have two .exe one as services and other at no service and with no service this the certificate is created successfully after delete all content in directory , and yes the services run as administrator privileges.

NT 12.50