NetTalk Central

Author Topic: NetwebBrowse not always refreshing after an update  (Read 133 times)

seanh

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 53
    • View Profile
    • Email
NetwebBrowse not always refreshing after an update
« on: January 08, 2023, 11:14:56 PM »
I'm having a little trouble with one browse in particular not always refreshing
It's for stock Items and if I change the description from 'Can of Pashionfruit' to 'Can of Pashionfruits' it doesn't refresh.
It stays that way if I change another row as well.
I can see from the driver logs that the rows are being fetched and they're correct, just the browser doesn't reflect this.
Pressing F5 fixes it.

bshields

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 389
    • View Profile
    • Inhabit
    • Email
Re: NetwebBrowse not always refreshing after an update
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 02:52:34 AM »
Hi Sean,

Maybe if the browse update is occuring via ajax (without seeing your app - im guessing), the new browse is returning invalid XHMTL.

If so, you'll get exactly the behavour you are describing.

I use Chrome to inspect the ajax packet that is sent immediately after the update, to check its valid XHTML.

Regards
Bill


seanh

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 53
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: NetwebBrowse not always refreshing after an update
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 05:50:08 PM »
Ok... so..  (showing my ignorance)
1. What sort of things on the update form could cause malformed xhtml
and
2.  How do you do the checking?  (I have Firefox)

Bruce

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 10858
    • View Profile
Re: NetwebBrowse not always refreshing after an update
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2023, 08:12:24 PM »
the result of the ajax request must be valid XML.

You can inspect the returning value in your browser console, in the network tab. If there's no option there to validate the xml, then copy the xml to a text file (say a.xml) and open that in the Clarion IDE. There's an XML menu, with a Validate option there (if the opened file has an XML extension.)

the most common issues are ;
a) embedded HTML which is not also XML
b) the ID of the browse is not correct in the incoming XML. This can be because of procedure nesting (and you will likely need to liaise with me at that point.)

Cheers
Bruce