NetTalk Central

Author Topic: NetTalk version upgrade problem. Possible regression bug  (Read 1456 times)

Rob Kolanko

• View Profile
NetTalk version upgrade problem. Possible regression bug
« on: January 06, 2023, 09:46:46 AM »
I upgraded from NT 12.28 to NT 12.53 recently and my program that downloads email stopped working.  The NetEmailRecieve object is throwing an error number -36 ?The connection is not open and therefore the data can not be sent? in the ErrorTrap.  The same program compiled with NT 12.28 works fine.  The demo program ?receive.app?  in the Jump Start example has the same problem.  I tried to email Bruce with slightly modified ?receive.app? with the local variables initialized the credentials of a Outlook account that I am using.  However, I know my sympatico ISP email sometimes does not reach Bruce.  Bruce if you need the credentials to this Outlook account, let me know.

I saw on NetTalk Central, a post about Outlook requiring Auth2, but I have not seen that requirement for me though. The program using NT 12.28 downloads emails just fine

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NetTalk version upgrade problem. Possible regression bug
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 10:07:09 PM »
I've been on leave Rob, I'll dig through the emails this week.
Cheers
Bruce

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2023, 08:09:08 PM »
fixed in 12.54

linas@debetas.lt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2023, 06:19:02 PM »
hi Rob,
it stopped  a week ago... Microsoft gave like extension..

I upgraded from NT 12.28 to NT 12.53 recently and my program that downloads email stopped working.  The NetEmailRecieve object is throwing an error number -36 ?The connection is not open and therefore the data can not be sent? in the ErrorTrap.  The same program compiled with NT 12.28 works fine.  The demo program ?receive.app?  in the Jump Start example has the same problem.  I tried to email Bruce with slightly modified ?receive.app? with the local variables initialized the credentials of a Outlook account that I am using.  However, I know my sympatico ISP email sometimes does not reach Bruce.  Bruce if you need the credentials to this Outlook account, let me know.

I saw on NetTalk Central, a post about Outlook requiring Auth2, but I have not seen that requirement for me though. The program using NT 12.28 downloads emails just fine