NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Secwin Custom attributes  (Read 1556 times)

lkeyser

• View Profile
    • Email
Secwin Custom attributes
« on: October 20, 2021, 12:11:56 AM »
I use secwin in my webapp for users to create their own accounts and then reviewed by the Sysadmin. I need some more information from the user than just the normal user name phone number ect. I Managed to add the fields I wanted to into the Local data table and it works great! However! How to I get the custom fields added to my user security database.
The logon name, name and default security group all gets to the SecwinUsers table. How to I define and use my custom fields,

Regards
Louis

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Secwin Custom attributes
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 10:42:50 PM »

lkeyser

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 12:40:52 AM »
Thanks Bruce.

I created the same local group (AttributesGroup) with the same local variables in the SecwinLoginWeb procedure as in the SecwinUpdateUsersWeb procedure.
the same structure with the same variables but it does not "see" the values.

I'm missing the logic completely.  I just can't get my head around this. Getting data from a encrypted Json structure in a blod messes with my legacy brain.

Kind regards
Louis

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2021, 10:48:08 PM »
perhaps a good question for the Wednesday webinar so I can walk through it with you.
the key issue you seem to be stuck on is retrieving the attribute, which you can do with GetAttribute, not a local group in the Login procedure.

Cheers
Bruce