NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Div Grid on a form  (Read 1419 times)

GordonF

• View Profile
Div Grid on a form
« on: September 28, 2021, 04:16:25 AM »
Am I correct in thinking Div Grid is intended to allow 2 dimensional field placement rather than 1 dimensional, in other words like Flex Grid?

If so is there an example that presents a form in 2 dimensions with correct vertical alignment, with perhaps 3 or 4 columns. I have tried and all I seem to get are 2 columns that don't respond correctly on resize. I fully anticipate that I am not using the feature correctly, however the only options I can find are for HTML Method (I set it to Div Grid) and the individual field start/span for row and column, I've also tried various span and last on row/line settings. Oddly I don't really see any difference between Div FlexBox and Div Grid mode, could it relate to me using 'base' as my theme and the CSS it contains?

I would really like to have a form with several fields on a row for several rows all vertically aligned into columns (perhaps 3), I know this may sound like a browse but that isn't what I require, it is just a section of a larger form. Table mode will let me do this but it is non responsive to browse width.

As ever any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gordon

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Div Grid on a form
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2021, 06:15:23 AM »
div-grid uses the css "grid" layout features.
div-flex uses the css "flex" layout features.

I think (as with most css questions) the best way to answer though is to do it visually in the Thursday webinar.

Cheers
Bruce