NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Place custom text next to last tab on a netwebform?  (Read 1680 times)

jking

• View Profile
    • Email
Place custom text next to last tab on a netwebform?
« on: July 02, 2021, 02:10:58 PM »
Hello all,

I have some users who forget to click on Page 2 and Page 3 tabs and immediately click on Save while on Page 1.  The are asking for some "reminder text" so I thought about placing it next to the last tab.  The only way I thought of is to create another tab (Page 4) and modify the tab...display only the text but not show the tab and not allow a link to something else.  I have looked at the Dev Tools in Chrome, to see if I could figure out some CSS that might do this.  So far I have had no luck.  Can this be done?  Perhaps there is a more "proper" way to accomplish this?  See the attached image.

Thanks,

Jeff King

Jane

• Expert on nothing with opinions on everything.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Place custom text next to last tab on a netwebform?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 05:42:13 PM »
Maybe disable the Save button until they have done their thing on the other two tabs?

jking

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 05:12:34 PM »
Hello all,

My solution was to use the XHtml tab, and enter the reminder text After Subheading.  This places my reminder text just above the three tabs.  Please see attached image.

Thanks,

Jeff

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 02:02:55 AM »
>>  I have some users who forget to click on Page 2 and Page 3 tabs and immediately click on Save while on Page 1

It suggests to me that you should be using a Wizard tab type instead of a Tab tab type.

cheers
Bruce

jking

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 06:25:12 PM »
Bruce,

Thanks!  The wizard form looks much better.  Please see the attached image.  I do see an issue on Page 2, seen in my attached image.  When I first go to Page 2, the Save button is disabled, as expected.  However, as soon as I select one of the check boxes, the Save button is enabled, even before I move to the last page.  On the template settings, I do not have the Save button "always on".  Any thoughts on why this happens?

Jeff

jking

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2021, 08:57:37 AM »
Bruce,

I ran the example Tab (57) app and the check box on it does not cause the same behavior I see.  Now, I have a local procedure that runs to do some background calculations of the check boxes in my app.  I added the following at the end of my local procedure:

p_web.ntForm(loc:formname,'disableSave')

This seems to have fixed the issue.

Thanks,

Jeff