NetTalk Central

Author Topic: NetTalkWebForm Lookup return values from parent and grandparent of .TPS VIEW  (Read 2042 times)

RichCPT

• View Profile
I have a NetTalkWebForm for Table #3 with a lookup into a .TPS VIEW with two files (Table2 and Table1).  When a selection is made in the lookup, I’d like to display values from both Table2 and Table1.  So far, I can only get values from Table2 to display on the update (table3) form.  If I can get the lookup working, the next step is to get the initial display (when in Change or View record mode) working.

Any quick suggestions on how to get the "Lookup Settings / More Assignments" to copy values from grandparent (table 1) to local variables for the update (table3) form?

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
yeah, it's not really designed to do that Rich - that's gonna be tricky....
I think you'd have to make an example, and I can take a look, but I'm not sure if it'll need a major change or not.

RichCPT

• View Profile
Thanks Bruce for the discussion on the NetTalk open webinar today (June 25, 2020), about this. (The discussion is towards the end of webinar).

I will see about embedding code in the Update form that will do some GET's into the related tables when the lookup field value is changed / set when returning from the lookup.  Also, I will look at using the "pre_update" event to initialize related table display values when the Update form is first opened.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
cool, thanks Rich.

Yes, your actual question was different to the way I interpreted your question at the start of this thread. What you are actually trying to do is pretty straight-forward :)

cheers
Bruce