NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Call a routine from a browse button?  (Read 3516 times)

Gregg Matteson

• View Profile
    • Custom Program Solutions
Call a routine from a browse button?
« on: July 13, 2007, 03:32:01 AM »
User needs to be able to email his order to production office.
I would like to place a button or field in a browse (Row) and when he clicks it , runs a routine that contains a Mailto: with
to:
cc:
Subject:
Body:

tried various things ( 4.24 ) can't get the tight combination. Is this possible.

Note: have not upgraded production machine to latest version due to problems with chromemenu display problems in fixed width static page.

Thanks very much,

Gregg Matteson
Kindest Regards,

Gregg Matteson

'Software that's actually easy to use'

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Call a routine from a browse button?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 11:53:30 PM »
Hi Gregg,

>> Note: have not upgraded production machine to latest version due to problems with chromemenu display problems in fixed width static page.

There were some ChromeMenu fixes in 4.28 so it might be worth looking into that. If you're still having a problem though please send me an example.

Yes you can add a button to a browse. And yes, you can send an email from that button. (well you can do anything really.)
what's your time-scale for this? I'm hoping to have updated examples in 4.29 for browse buttons, which I think will make explaining it a bit easier.

Cheers
Bruce

Gregg Matteson

• View Profile
    • Custom Program Solutions
Re: Call a routine from a browse button?
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 02:07:24 AM »
Bruce,

MY  CSS on my fixed width static pages was fine with 4.25 but not 4.28. Ended up making neccessary changes to my CSS to correct.

I realise I can send the email . The problem was that the "Mailto:" from the templates didn't allow adding CC or BCC or attachments at least as far as I could tell hence the quest to add my own with a button calling a html routine.

My time-scale is - I look forward to what's coming - we're in Beta... ;>)

Thank you for your time,

Gregg Matteson
Kindest Regards,

Gregg Matteson

'Software that's actually easy to use'