NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Disconnected Web app  (Read 2925 times)

hkalmbach

• View Profile
    • Email
Disconnected Web app
« on: April 11, 2018, 11:23:07 PM »
Hi,

I am testing the example disconnected web. Some things work, some not. I have the following questions:

- Am I right that in addition to the server of the example which serves the app I need a second server for the sychronisation of the data, which runs on a second port?
- I created this second server and get some kind of synchronisation. But it behaves strange in some way:

hkalmbach

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Disconnected Web app
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 11:26:54 PM »
Sorry, I was not finished.
The strange behaviour:
- I call the server for the app (port 88) locally with chrome and add a country. I can close the browser, reconnect, and the inserted country is visible
- I call the server for the app from a second computer, I don't see the country from the first computer, but I can insert also countries and see them after restarting the browser there
- I don't see the countries of the second computer on the first one
- In the tps file I see all countries

What ist wrong here

Thanks for help

hkalmbach

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 11:34:58 PM »
One addition:
Updates seem not to work. I change the name of one of the countries and see the changes in the browser, also in the window of the sync server, but not in the tps file???
New inserts I see there at one.

Cheers
Heinz

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 06:07:27 AM »
>> Am I right that in addition to the server of the example which serves the app I need a second server for the sychronisation of the data, which runs on a second port?

You have options. You can run the sync on a different server/port if you like, or you can include it in the same app. It's up to you. For small systems I'd put them together, for large systems I might split them apart.

I would agree there are a couple buys that need to be sorted out when data ison the disconnected screen, and needs to be refreshed.

cheers
Bruce