NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Auto updating Display Form field Now results in GPF in NT 10  (Read 3404 times)

de la Rosa

• View Profile
    • Email
Auto updating Display Form field Now results in GPF in NT 10
« on: January 25, 2018, 09:53:19 PM »
Hi ,

I have a display field (Type=Text) that updates fine via <!--Net:Source_procedure--> below NT10. However in NT 10, it results in GPF. When I choose SessionValue instead of Text as the display field type, it doesn't GPF but the value isn't updating.

Vic

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Auto updating Display Form field Now results in GPF in NT 10
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 10:36:16 PM »
I'd need to see an example of what you are doing, and the code inside the source procedure.

If I had to guess I'd say you have not followed these instructions;
http://www.capesoft.com/docs/NetTalk10/NetTalk8Upgrade.htm#NewPacket

Cheers
Bruce

de la Rosa

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 08:56:51 PM »
Hi Bruce,

I did the packet construct change when I upgraded to NT 8 and it was fine up to Clarion 9. Now I notice it no longer works in Clarion 10 whether it be Nt9 or NT10.

Attached are the form display setting for field Current_TWC and the process code embed for the NetWebSource procedure.

Thanks,
Vic

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

de la Rosa

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 02:57:26 AM »

This is what I found, not sure if it would be consider a bug but if a picture is defined on a display field with a call to a NetWebSource, the generated page will not include the call to the NetWebSource.

Re:GPF. After I changed the display field type from text to SessionValue, it no longer GPF'ed. and when I put it back to Text type, it was fine too. The app the GPF'ed was after a conversion from C9/NT7  to C10/NT10.

Thanks,
Vic