NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Browse Conditional Filter Relationship Problem  (Read 3076 times)

willieb

• View Profile
    • Email
Browse Conditional Filter Relationship Problem
« on: September 19, 2017, 03:53:56 AM »
Hi everyone!

I tested many different methods to get behind this issue (triple checked the keys and relationships to make sure it's correct).  Here is my issue explained below.

- I have 3 tables:  Table A, B, C.
- B & C is linked to Table A.
- On the browse for Table B & C I have a button to call the browse of Table A.
- Then on Table A, I have two "conditional filters" set to "file relationship" range limit type.  This should filter the records depending from which browse it's called.

The problem is that when viewing Table A from the button on Table B & C the "conditional filter" is not applied.  If I set the"Default Filter" on the browse and not as a "conditional filter", the records is filtered as required.  So it seems that there is an issue with the "conditional filter" when using the "file relationship" range limit type.

Did anyone else encounter the same issue yet? ... or is there something I might be missing?

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Browse Conditional Filter Relationship Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 08:48:08 PM »
Hi Willie,

probably best if you make a small example app showing the effect.
From there I can see what you have done wrong.

cheers
Bruce

willieb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 09:39:19 PM »
Hi Bruce,

Example attached.

Looks like when using a "table relationship" in a "conditional filter" which is called from a browse, the filter is ignored.

In my example I only recreated the issue on one of the parent tables - Drivers (TableB).

TableA : Transactions
 - linked to parents B & C

TableB : Drivers
 - Linked to child A.
 - when clicking on the "Transactions" button on a specific "driver" to open the related records all records is displayed instead of only the related records.
 - when opening the update, then going to the transaction tab, the related transactions is correctly displayed.

Thank You

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 06:23:09 AM »
Hi Willie,

so I think the root of your problem is that you are confusing "parent" with "caller".
In your example Browse Table B (Drivers) _calls_ Browse Tab A (Transactions).
But that doesn't make BrowseB the _parent_.

Contrast this with embedding a Browse _on_ a form. In that case the form is the _parent_ (it "contains" the browse).

In the setup in your example, I'd add a parameter to the button, then in the BrowseA do a SaveValue on that, then use that as the condition for the filter.

Cheers
Bruce