NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Internet Explorer errors  (Read 4106 times)

ShanePeterson

• View Profile
    • Email
Internet Explorer errors
« on: July 10, 2007, 08:02:16 AM »
I've been testing my app in Firefox and everything works fine.  Now I'm trying to view my app in Internet Explorer and there are errors.  Even the demo apps have errors.  I'm testing app31 and it seems not all the css is working correctly.

I've attached a screen shot of what the home page in app31 looks like in internet explorer and the error that occurs.  I've also attached the source from the page in internet explorer.

I'm using Internet Explorer v 7.

Any ideas?

[attachment deleted by admin]

ShanePeterson

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Internet Explorer errors
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 08:33:12 AM »
Here is part of the solution.

On the NetTalk extension template on the WebServer procedure, go to the settings tab and then the Advanced tab and uncheck the "Combine common files" and "Serve pre-compressed files" and the page will display correctly in Internet Explorer. 

However the 3 large buttons in app31 still won't function.  The page still loads with an error, but now it is on Line: 62, Char: 88, Error: Object Expected, Code: 0, URL: http://wfgdt3712:88/indexpage

I've attached a screenshot of the page now and the source from the page.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 10:33:57 PM »
Hi Shane,

from both your "partial answer" and the final problem, I'd guess it's just a case of your IE cache needing updating. Press Ctrl-F5 and see if anything changes.

I've tried example 31 here, with IE 7, and it seems ok. Perhaps others would like to see what's it like with them?

Regarding the "partial fix" of unticking compressed & combined - this will result in different files being sent to the browser, and hence bypassing the old files that were cached there.

Cheers
Bruce

ShanePeterson

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 04:35:49 AM »
Thanks Bruce, it was a case of my cache needing updating.