NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Using the webcam?  (Read 2687 times)

peterH

• View Profile
Using the webcam?
« on: June 02, 2016, 08:51:42 AM »
Anyone with experience in using the webcam for taking pics from a NT app? I'm talking about pics of a room or a building, not a user selfie.

• It works fine on my laptop (but I don't really need it there)
  • It kind of works on my Android phone - but only if I force the app into desktop mode (!) and only using the cam facing the user, but should ideally be the other cam. Also, the cam fires the moment the form opens which is not optimal
  • It does not work on my iPad at all. Nothing happens when I press the Take pic button

I really need some advice here. Either some tricks to get it working or a confirmation that I should just forget about it.

Peter

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Using the webcam?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 10:16:11 PM »
Hi Peter,

I've used it in Desktop mode, but not Mobile mode, so I can imagine there might be issues there.
As to selecting which camera to use - I'm not 100% sure about that. I'd have to try on a device with 2 cameras I guess.

We are using it successfully in one of our kiosk-type apps, but the camera in that case is an external USB one, so doesn't really speak to any of your questions...

Cheers
Bruce

Andjane

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 10:02:53 AM »
Hi Peter

I just started playing around with the example (web79) .

I did not have problem on my Android device using firefox browser. Chrome did not prompt me to share the camera so that did not work.

Regards

Andreas

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 03:29:13 AM »
Chrome requires it to be https I think.

cheers
Bruce