NetTalk Central

Author Topic: PDF Reports not being created.  (Read 5765 times)

Vinnie

• View Profile
    • Email
PDF Reports not being created.
« on: June 19, 2015, 01:12:17 PM »
Strange problem over the last few days. PDF reports not created.
Error unable to create   \?folder\web\reports\$$$$?????.pdf.

Working OK for many years.

Error appears to be unable to write to folder Windows permissions. Even tried to run the app with Administrator permissions.
Restored Windows setting with system restore but this did not fix the problem.

Fix was easy. Create a new user in Windows and log on as new user. Windows creates new settings in Documents and settings and problem goes away.
Seems that something must be set for that user in documents and settings.

Running Clarion 10 and Clarion 10 Report output generator and NT8.51on Windows 7 pc.

johncorry

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: PDF Reports not being created.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 04:45:07 AM »
The same problem has just cropped up for me also. I get the message that windows needs to close the program. It happens when the pdf report writer is called. There have been no changes to this procedure and the problem has occurred since updating to NT ver8.56.  I tried creating a new user, turning off firewalls etc without any success . Any other suggestions please?
Thanks
John

Vinnie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 05:25:22 AM »
My problem was fixed when creating a new user in Windows. Seemed to be permissions. I am using Windows 7 on my system.
Try on a different computer.
I have not updated to 8.56 yet still on 8.55. Will be updated to 8.57 over the weekend. If I come up with anything I will post here.

Cheers
Vinnie

johncorry

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 05:15:01 AM »
Changing computer didn't help but I created anew simple report which did work.So I looked for something local. Eventually removing an insight graph from the report resolved the problem. Upgrading from 2.18 to 2.2 didn't help.
I am not quite sure which nettalk upgrade set it off but had no problems NT7 and before. Any suggestions for workaround welcome as I want to put the graph back ASAP
Thanks
John

author=Vinnie link=topic=6452.msg26465#msg26465 date=1438262722]
My problem was fixed when creating a new user in Windows. Seemed to be permissions. I am using Windows 7 on my system.
Try on a different computer.
I have not updated to 8.56 yet still on 8.55. Will be updated to 8.57 over the weekend. If I come up with anything I will post here.

Cheers
Vinnie
[/quote]

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 10:05:32 PM »
can you make an example app, with a graph on the report, so I can test here please John?

(make sure the LibPng.DLL and Zlib.DLL are in the application folder - they should be there automatically, but if they are missing I could imagine some possible issues. )

Also might be an issue with the SV PDF generator which is famous for not playing nicely with large embedded graphics.

Cheers
Bruce