NetTalk Central

Author Topic: next last buttons not working  (Read 3124 times)

rayrip

• View Profile
    • Email
next last buttons not working
« on: November 03, 2008, 02:42:40 PM »
Well, I upgraded to patch #17 hoping the refresh browse would magically work... I did notice my item field is now a set length on the screen.. that is great.

However, I cannot get the browse to move forward by using the next button or the last button. It does not even search.

I call either the browse directly, or I call a form that has the browse in it, either way, the buttons no longer work. The form is a memory form that is supposed to let me filter by a choice of a radio button.. It almost works... If I select a radio button, then select the genre menu item (which is calling the form again), it refreshes and uses the variable selected...

But more important is getting the next/previous buttons to work..

Any idea's why that would break?

Also, when I first compiled the program there were about 4 buttons I had to delete out of the buttons in the main procedure.. like small copy and small print buttons. I got a field not found error for those... but the next buttons are still there.

Thanks,

Ray
VMT

rayrip

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: next last buttons not working
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 05:48:44 PM »
I found out the next/previous/search buttons are working in IE... I normally use Firefox...

I got the radio buttons to refresh my browse... but they don't display the appropriate drop downs.

I have radio's: title, type, genre

If I select either one they refresh the movie browse in the correct order. But the type and genre need to be selected first (if they've selected that radio)... so when I select type, then the type dropdown should display and the movie browse should display appropriately... which it does if I click on the first menu item (on the left side of the screen).. which redisplays the entire browse, but correctly, because the radio buttons are global ... I tried setting the resets all over the place...

Anyone know the command to just redisplay the screen I'm On and where I would put it. I tried a few things and nothing happened.

If you'd like to look at it:
http://63.224.205.143/browsemovies_h.htm

This is a little older version, but if you click on the genre link on the left and try the radio's... you'll see that you have to click on the genre link again to get the proper display.

Thanks,

Ray
VMT

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 11:18:24 PM »
Hi Ray,

The problem with the online example is that

when the radio is selected, fields that "do not exist" on the form are being updated.
ie the radio is set to reset a bunch of fields including
classequate (value)
itembytype  (value)
type_equate (value)

When you update fields that don't exist on the form, then the javascript stops processing, and hence the browse display doesn't update, and the buttons don't work.

Remember there are 2 fields for a form field.
a) "Include Condition" and
b) "hide Condition".

If a field is not _included_ then it cannot be updated, or unhidden.
If a field _is_ included then it can be hidden, and unhidden dynamically.

My guess is that you have got "Include Conditions" for some of these fields that should not be there.

Cheers
Bruce

rayrip

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 11:21:45 AM »
Good guess  ;D

I forgot to mention that... How can I display those fields (the dropdowns) when the person clicks on the radio's.. and if I can't do that, how can I just refresh the entire window... just as if I clicked on the original menu link (because that works). I really didn't want the dropdowns to display unless the person had chosen that particular sort (by using the radio's).

Thanks,

Ray
VMT

rayrip

• View Profile
    • Email
Also, about the next buttons
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 12:45:21 PM »
Also, how to I get the next buttons to work in FF.. they work in IE, and they used to work just fine in FF.. nothing changed but the update, so I'm guessing I must have had something wrong in there to begin with?

Thanks,

Ray
VMT

rayrip

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 01:57:36 PM »
Well, my bad on the next buttons... somehow I installed an older version of nettalk.. it's a miracle it worked at all. I was going to copy the dll and noticed it was from March... So, I reinstalled #17 and all is well.

I did however solve the dropdown list problem by getting rid of the include condition on both droplists and the hide conditions... so they're both there all the time, but it works, and for now that is fine.

Thanks,

Ray
VMT

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 11:07:05 PM »
Hi Ray,

>> I forgot to mention that... How can I display those fields (the dropdowns) when the person clicks on the radio's..

This is easy-peasy - and something you'll want to use a lot (I know I do) so follow the steps below, and let me know if you have a problem.

a) remember that all the fields need to be _included_ so we're gonna leave the "include condition" blank.

b) however we want the drop down field to be "hidden" - based on the value in the radio (I think your variable is called select_sort_flag).
So set the "Hide condition" of the drop-down to
p_web.GSV('select_sort_flag') = ''

In other words, if the variable is not set to anything then hide the dropdown. Notice we _always_ use the Session Value, not the "plain variable".

c) For the select_sort_flag form field - client side tab - add the dropdown to the list of "reset fields". (tick on all - the prompt, value and comment to be reset.)

Cheers
Bruce