NetTalk Central

Author Topic: EIP is not getting Refreshed  (Read 3373 times)

sjmanavalan

• View Profile
    • Email
EIP is not getting Refreshed
« on: November 03, 2008, 03:16:20 AM »
Hi,

If a NetWebBrowse is added in a NetWebForm the Browse is not getting refreshed after the EIP has been done. The Browse gets refreshed if we checkin the refresh browse in Client side in EIP. But this will not work if we add the NetWebBrowse in a NetWebForm.

Please someone help me on this....

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: EIP is not getting Refreshed
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 06:02:31 AM »
Hi,

Which build of NetTalk are you using?

For the EIP have you set it (on the client side tab) to update the cell, row, or browse?

Cheers
Bruce

sjmanavalan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 11:23:38 PM »
Hi Bruce,

I am using Nettalk 4.30.

Yes I gave the update for entire browse in the Client side tab of the EIP. It is getting refreshed when I am calling the Browse form alone. But when I am adding the Browse in the NetwebForm then it is not getting refreshed.

We added a button on the Browse in which we called the Main Form. In that case when we click on the button the entire page is getting reloaded and the browse is getting refereshed.

Please give your thoughts on this...

Thanks,
Sebastian

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 06:49:04 AM »
Hi Sebastian,

Hang on - 4.30 didn't have EIP did it? So you must be using a build of 4.31...

Probably the best thing to do is download the latest 4.31 pre-release from
http://www.capesoft.com/ftp/public/prerelease/index.htm
and see if it's been fixed in that.
There have been quite a few tweaks along the way, especially with EIP that may already resolve your problem.

Cheers
Bruce

sjmanavalan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 08:34:24 PM »
Hi Bruce,

Oops Sorry.. Indeed my Nettalk version is 4.31. I have the latest download but still the problem exists.

Thanks,
Sebastian.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 10:52:52 PM »
Hi Sebastian,

Can you send me an example?

Cheers
Bruce

sjmanavalan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 05:15:39 AM »
Hi Bruce,

I have attached the Example with this post.

In this example we have two tables, a customer and a Department. In the Browse I have added two menus,  first menu calls the browse alone and other in which I have called the Browse from a NetWebForm. In the first menu when we change the value of Department ID (from 1 -3) then the Department name changes means the browse is getting refreshed. So the refresh is working fine here.

In the Second Menu however the Browse(the same browse as above) is added in a NetWebform in this if we repeat the above and the Department Name does not change. But if you refresh the entire form then the department name is getting changed.

Hope this example explains my earlier problem of not refreshing the browse in a netwebform.

I have another issue like I cant create a sub menu. For example If I want to create a menu like Master->Department->Division. Currently it is not possible to create sub menus like that. Can you please help me on these two important points..

Hope my issues clear with this example.

Cheers
Sebastian

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 05:17:36 AM by sjmanavalan »

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 07:25:35 AM »
Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the example.

I've tested your example in PR18 and it's working well - so that appears to be fixed. (There were some EIP fixes in PR18 so I would expect that.)

In NetTalk 4 I don't have a menu script implemented that allows sub-menus, but that's on the list for NetTalk 5.

Cheers
Bruce

sjmanavalan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 10:17:10 PM »
Hi Bruce,

The Browse refresh problem seems to be solved now. But now the cursor position does not seems to be coming right. That is after a EIP is done when the entire browse is getting refreshed then the focus goes some where else. Do you konw how we can solve this?

Thanks & Regards
Sebastian

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 01:52:52 AM »
Hi Sebastian,

Setting the focus in a EIP browse, especially after a refresh, is a non-trivial task.
I'll look into it, but I don't think it'll happen in 4.31 (which I'm trying to move to "official" release status.)

Cheers
Bruce