NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Multipule web sites on a Server  (Read 2449 times)

Andjane

• View Profile
    • Email
Multipule web sites on a Server
« on: October 07, 2014, 11:59:12 PM »
Hi All

Not quite a webserver post.  ::)
We have a server (Static IP) on the OVH server farm which is running a website done in Jomela (usingwamp) .
We also have 2 Nettalk web servers and 1 Nettalk web service running.
So when a user goes to www.xxxxx.com then they access the Joomla website.
To access the Nettalk web sites and services it uses the port number www.xxxxx.com:8085 for example.
What I want to achieve is that each Nettalk web site has its own web address. So instead of
 www.xxxxx.com:8085  I want to use www.yyyyy.com
The server only has 1 static IP Address.
So how do I go about it ?
As we go along we will be adding more Nettalk Web sites. We are also planning to install the Capesoft email server .
Then either we will be using Capesoft Secwin online Hosting  or Secwin online Server.
Thanks In Advance

Regards

Andreas

kevin plummer

• View Profile
    • Production Accounting and Software Payroll
Re: Multipule web sites on a Server
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 01:13:37 AM »
check out the multihost program that ships with Nettalk. Also you should order a few extra IP address's from OVH so you can bind this host program to it's own IP address.

Andjane

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 01:54:20 AM »
Hi Kevin

Thank you. that's exactly what i was looking for.

Wolfgang Orth

• View Profile
    • oData Wolfgang Orth
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 12:36:42 AM »
Andreas,

what webserver are you using to run your Joomla-site? Is this a Nettalk-Webserver or an Apache (due to PHP)?

The Nettalk Multihost allows you run several Nettalk-Webserver, ech one being compiled to a DLL, instead of an EXE. However, I doubt that you can combine the Apache into this setting.

But if you run an Apache, you then can set its vhost.conf to point to any other Nettalk Webserver (.EXE), just as you intend.

There is an excellent article by Benjamin Krajmalnik in Clarion Magazine:

Apache As A Reverse Proxy For Clarion Web Servers
By Benjamin Krajmalnik

Posted February 22 2007
Summary: Third Party toolkits such as Handy Tools and CapeSoft's NetTalk/Self Service have
enabled Clarion developers to write special purpose web servers. But how do you go about
hosting these servers, particularly when you have more servers than you have public IP addresses?
Benjamin Krajmalnik explains.

http://archive.clarionmag.com/Account/LogOn?returnUrl=%2Fcmag%2Fv9%2Fv9n02proxy.html

------------------------------

Just to make sure, the Nettalk Multihost solution is much more convenient, its the first choice to run multiple Nettalk Webserver. But if you need to maintain an Apache at the same IP-Address, then you might be better off with Apaches vhost-option.