NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Data/Tables display not working  (Read 111966 times)

Keith

• View Profile
    • Email
Data/Tables display not working
« on: September 25, 2014, 02:35:01 PM »
HI

I used the Wizard to create Browse and Update procedures for a table - BookedServices.  (BookedServices is related top other tables viz: Customers/Bookings/BookedPets/BookedServices).

However, got a compile Informational error 'Label duplicated' (see DataTables1).  This is because the table BookedPets is included twice.

The other oddity was that when selecting BookedServices in the Application Tree the Data/Tables do not display (those for a previous selection remain).  As well, when I attempted to add a Lookup to a field on BookedServices the File Search button did not display a list and if I typed the 'From Table' got a message saying that the specified file is not in the Table Schematic and I can't add it because its not displaying properly.

Any ideas about what has gone wrong here?

Thanks

Keith

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarion 10.0.0 build 12799
NetTalk 9.31
StringTheory 2.65
InsightGraphing 2.27

MyBrainIsFull

• View Profile
Re: Data/Tables display not working
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 09:47:40 PM »
Keith you really need to zip up your app and dct for this to make any sense

You have cocked it up somewhere, but its something I cant fix from your description

K

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 10:16:29 PM »
I agree - example app required to make a useful comment...

cheers
Bruce

Keith

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 01:46:26 AM »
Thanks MBIF and Bruce

Well, I don't know  ???  I had a very good look at what I had done and what was generated by the Wizard and it all seemed ok.  I deleted the errant procedure and recreated it using the Form Wizard with the same results.

I deleted it again and this time recreated it in full with the NetTalk  'Default' tab NetWebForm selection. And (drum roll) . . . it worked - at least so far i.e. the compile errors have gone and the Data/Tables display is correct.

I cannot see any difference in this Form that works from the one that didn't and am suspicious of the Wizard. When I get a break I will attempt to duplicate the errors in a cut-down version of the app because Wizards by their nature are tricky and we have seen recent trouble with them and Bruce needs to keep them in order.

Thanks

Keith
Clarion 10.0.0 build 12799
NetTalk 9.31
StringTheory 2.65
InsightGraphing 2.27

MyBrainIsFull

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 04:09:42 PM »
computers will keep us all employed