NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Manually control child browse  (Read 4226 times)

ChrisLaurie

• View Profile
Manually control child browse
« on: June 29, 2007, 09:12:09 PM »
Hi All

I have a from with a parent browse on the first tab that needs to drive a child browse on the second tab. I cannot use a file relationship and want to do this with a filter.

Sort of: change row in parent and then when you change tabs reload the child with the appropriate records.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Chrus

ChrisLaurie

• View Profile
Re: Manually control child browse
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 12:05:04 AM »
Well I thought I had it solved, but unfortunately not. The problem is how to get the browse on the first tab to set a session variable (its own primary value) as the user clicks on a new row.

If I have the browse that I want on the second tab as a child of the browse on the first tab then the child and the browse on the second tab refreshes as I want. Without the child it does not reset my browse on the second tab.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Manually control child browse
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 07:34:56 AM »
Hi Chris

nope, the browse can't do anything when the "row is clicked". Well it can, but that's a complicated way to do it.

Rather work with what you _do_ know. When the form is called, add code to the .InitForm method. At this point you know the value of the "Browse Record" so presumably you can work from there.

This probably means;
a) opening the _Browse_ table.
b) Using the Unique ID (which is in the Value Queue) to load the specific record and then
c) doing what you need to do to prime the form

Cheers
Bruce