NetTalk Central

Author Topic: App has stopped navigating with IE 11  (Read 1422 times)

Mike McLoughlin

• View Profile
    • Clarion Templates
    • Email
App has stopped navigating with IE 11
« on: February 05, 2014, 08:54:14 AM »
I've got an app in NT4 which has stopped browsing under IE 11 and Firefox.  Its borderline economic to upgrade it to NT6 so I'm a bit stuck.

Clicking on the Next/Previous/Change etc buttons does nothing.  I tried a reset on the browser but no effect.

Anybody got any ideas?

Mike
Mike McLoughlin

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: App has stopped navigating with IE 11
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 09:33:41 AM »
Try setting IE11 into compatibility mode, or vice-versa. There is code added to later versions of NetTalk to handle changes in IE, so that may not help, but it's worth a try.

IE has changed a _lot_ since 2006 (NT4 era) and there've been a lot of small tweaks here and there to keep things going along smoothly. Indeed browsers are changing as we go, and it pays to keep things up-to-date (if only for security reasons.)

I understand the economic issues - it always seems like these kinds of jobs are hard to get to, but sometimes it is what it is. Unfortunately the longer one puts it off, the bigger the task becomes.

cheers
Bruce

Mike McLoughlin

• View Profile
    • Clarion Templates
    • Email
Re: App has stopped navigating with IE 11
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 02:09:51 AM »
Thanks Bruce, that fixed it.

In IE 11 they hid the compatibility button that used to be in the address bar.  But you can still get to it by clicking on the Settings "gear wheel" in the top right of the browser.

Mike

Mike McLoughlin