NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Email text not showing correctly  (Read 3915 times)

vklemet

• View Profile
Email text not showing correctly
« on: November 28, 2013, 11:09:02 PM »
Hi!

We are experiencing some problems with receiving emails using C8 and NT 6.52. Plain text messages are shown correctly, but if the message has an attachment, the text part shows only following:

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
This email requires a MIME compatible email reader.

This problem occurs in our software, but it happens also with the Nettalk Demo App.

Has anyone had the same problem? Any ideas what could be done to solve the issue?

-Vesa-

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Email text not showing correctly
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 08:36:20 AM »
Hi Vesa,

There were some updates to the ReceiveMail class in NetTalk 7 to cater for some different attachment formats.

Cheers
Bruce

vklemet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 12:10:21 AM »
Hi Bruce,

We did some testing over the weekend on this issue. It seems that the email-receiving is working with the older NT5.29 that we use with C6. So shouldn't it work also with NT6?

We are in bit of trouble with this because of upgrading to NT6 on C8. Do you know the cause of the issue, can it be easily fixed with NT6 source? We are currently running several webserver-projects with NT6, and do not have the time to upgrade them right now to NT7.

By the way, does the NT7 already have the base64 encoding for the attachment names, that we discussed earlier?

BR,

-Vesa-

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 07:09:27 AM »
Hi Vesa,

I'm not sure how easy it would be to back-port the email changes to NT6. I'm guessing not easy at all. Actually upgrading from NT6 to NT7 is very quick, so that's the route I'd recommend.

From the NT7 release notes - I think this is the bit that's causing you pain;

7.13: Important Change: Receiving email would populate the MessageText property with the first "text" part of the email. This has been changed to populate with the last "text" part of the email. This probably won't affect programs and will make it more consistent with NT5 and earlier.

>> By the way, does the NT7 already have the base64 encoding for the attachment names, that we discussed earlier?

I believe so - although the tweak was in StringTheory as I recall.

cheers
Bruce

vklemet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 05:45:25 AM »
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the info. I guess we'll look into upgrading then.

The base64 encoding required some changes with the NetEmail-class also, I think. But good if it is included, saves us a bit of work if we have no need to tweak the code on that part when we upgrade.

-Vesa-