NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Report PDF Error  (Read 2012 times)

willieb

• View Profile
    • Email
Report PDF Error
« on: October 14, 2013, 08:56:38 AM »
Hi everyone,

Today users are trying to pull PDF reports and getting the following error in the browser  =>  The Print procedure failed to create the PDF file [C:\CCS\web\reports\$$$70998.pdf]

I checked the report folder does exist.  I runned the webserver on my local pc and it works fine.

and ideas?  This is with Nettalk 7.25

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Report PDF Error
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 09:37:36 PM »
Hi Willie,

The report folder exists, but presumably not the report.
Which makes me think the report is running, but not actually going so far as to generate the PDF.

there are a bunch of possible reasons - disk full and access rights being two - but possible also something missing from the server (like a printer defined maybe?). The only way to know for sure is to debug as you would any program - what I'd do is add trace statements to the report procedure so I could see in debugview where the code diverges from what I expect.

This is a normal Clarion report, creating a normal PDF file, so nothing special going on there - just debug as normal.

cheers
Bruce

willieb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 09:53:43 PM »
Thanks Bruce,

All of the sudden its working again, and the engineer on the server said he received a mail from the ISP with a message of some problem on the "backbone".  I now have to monitor it for a few days, but looks like it was ISP related.

Neil Porter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 04:27:03 AM »
I had something similar a few weeks ago.

For some reason one of my print routines was getting called and the temp file wasn't getting removed.

When I checked my temp folder on the server there were over 65000 temporary files in there. I cleared that folder down, and my reports started working again.

It might be worth checking.

Regards,

Neil.
Clarion 11.0.13244
NetTalk 11.04

willieb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 06:34:39 AM »
Thanks Neil, will check it!!