NetTalk Central

Author Topic: range limit browse with double key  (Read 2087 times)

rayrip

• View Profile
    • Email
range limit browse with double key
« on: July 22, 2008, 12:35:02 PM »
I almost have it working but it's not displaying in the order that was setup in the table. I have a double key... class then title. I want to pick one class then see all the titles for that class, in title order.

I have a lookup that successfully select the class field and the browse displays the titles for that one class. However, it acts like a filter instead of a range because one, it's slow, and 2 the titles are not in order.

If I must code it by hand, where would I put the initializing set command?

Thanks,

Ray
VMT

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: range limit browse with double key
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 02:50:09 AM »
Hi Ray,

I've sent you an example, but the biggest issue you've got is mixing the concepts of "key", "sort order" and "range".

a) You don't select the key for the View to use - the View engine does that. So just forget the key for now.

b) when setting the default sort order, make sure you use the right field (in this case the Title) and most importantly make sure you set the CASE SENSITIVE switch correctly. By correctly, I mean that if you _have_ a key, that you think the View Engine can use, then you must make sure your sort order matches that key. If the key is Case Insensitive, then the field must be as well, and vice versa.

Cheers
Bruce