NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Browse Refresh, Build 6  (Read 2717 times)

ajosuna

• View Profile
    • Email
Browse Refresh, Build 6
« on: July 11, 2008, 02:16:05 PM »
Hi Bruce:

4.31 Build 6 is working great. Thank You. It resloves all the issues we were having with the MSSQL search and the locators.  :)

There is one small issue in refreshing the child browse on the right. On some records, we have to click the parent row twice to get the child browse to refresh.

Can you look into this?

Regards

Anthony

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Browse Refresh, Build 6
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 11:19:56 PM »
Hi Anthony,

I'm glad to hear it's improved, although I confess I don't know why it has. One of the reasons this build (well build 5) was delayed was because I wanted to check & fix that issue, but unfortunately I got press-ganged into some other stuff for a week, so the build eventually just had to go out.

I'm glad to hear it's improved though. I'll be doing more mssql testing next week though to see if I can duplicate your effect.

Incidentally: tip of the week: If you're using MsSql 2005 then the best combination of settings is to use Clarion 9058 (or later presumably) with MARS on and BUSYHANDLING set to 2. Do this for all files in the dict to be sure, and also for the FM3 file (if you are using FM3). Users have reported that this combination works best, especially if you have multiple page requests at the same time.

Cheers
Bruce

ajosuna

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Browse Refresh, Build 6
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 11:03:45 AM »
Hi Bruce:

One more thing.

After inserting a new record browse goes back to the first record. We need it to stay on the new record. This is only happening with MSSQL. I installed 9058 and MARS is on.

Regards

Anthony