NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Not sure where my NetTalk Error -40 is coming from...  (Read 2597 times)

Mike Grigsby

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - onthedotsoftware
    • View Profile
    • MyHomeAssets! Software (among others)
Not sure where my NetTalk Error -40 is coming from...
« on: June 01, 2008, 10:49:10 PM »
... or how to fix it.

I added a NetTalk email engine to my NetTalk Web app because I wanted to store outgoing emails in a queue and process them from there, rather than directly doing a SendMail. I seem to have fixed the error -34 using the DontErrorTrapInSendIfConnectionClosed property, but now I get error -40, and I don't know whether the email or the web server part of NetTalk is causing the error.  Can anyone suggest a solution? I'm really stuck.
Mike Grigsby
Credify Systems
Central Oregon, USA

Mike Grigsby

• View Profile
Re: Not sure where my NetTalk Error -40 is coming from...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 03:54:21 PM »
Now I'm more confused. I deleted the NetTalk Email completely from my app and still get Error -34 and -40. Does this tell us anything?
Mike Grigsby
Credify Systems
Central Oregon, USA

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 11:02:33 PM »
Hi Mike,

You can suppress the errors on the WebServer procedure, settings, "Suppress Errors" checkbox.
Error -34 is caused when you attempt to close a connection that is already closed.
Error -40 is caused when the remote side closes a connection "early" - ie when you still have stuff to send it.

Both errors can be ignored.

Cheers
Bruce

Mike Grigsby

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 12:54:55 AM »
I checked the box to suppress messages and I was still getting the popups. I tried adding the line like the one I use in NetTalk email... I forget what it is exactly, but it's long, something like "donotshow...=1", and I think that might have fixed it, but have a bit more testing to do to say for sure.
Mike Grigsby
Credify Systems
Central Oregon, USA