NetTalk Central

Author Topic: GPF Errors  (Read 6608 times)

bruce2

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: GPF Errors
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 06:07:15 AM »
Hi Trent,

>> A few lines before and after...

I think you did a right-click there, and went to "source" and got the limes from there.

Unfortunately that's not the code the _compiler_ sees. So when inspecting the GPF Report you have to look at the lime number in the actual _module_ (ie right click on the procedure and choose Module, not Source).

Unfortunately I can't add too much useful information about the COMIniter - I'm definitely not the COM expert. But hopefully it helps you narrow down the cause of the GPF.

cheers
Bruce

trent

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 04:22:41 PM »
Sorry about that Bruce.

Has anyone used COM ADO in NetTalk? Could this be caused by a memory leak? Would changing the procedure to use Dynamic File Driver instead make any difference?

Regards,
Trent

kevin plummer

• View Profile
    • Production Accounting and Software Payroll
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 05:18:51 PM »
only Capesoft office which uses com and I know I have had problems if I don't kill the object and initialize it again.

I just use Prop:SQL for any specific SQL stuff I'm doing.

trent

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2012, 05:49:48 PM »
Where do you return the data to? I would like to run an SQL script that returns data into a TPS file for my PDF report to use.

kevin plummer

• View Profile
    • Production Accounting and Software Payroll
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2012, 06:40:06 PM »
If the SQL statement matches the table definition I just use the table definition. So if I want to return a bunch of vendors matching a certain criteria I bring this back into the vendor record buffer.

If the SQL statement is doing sums, grouping or I just want a couple of fields info etc then I have a DUMMY table setup.

You might be able to use the DFD to move the data into a TPS file. If there are not a lot of records you could just do it in a loop. If you have a lot of records XFiles is amazingly fast but you would need to have the data in a Q rather than just a buffer. You would need to log the session ID and then remove those records at the end of the report.

Depending on how much data you are talking about it could be a real bottleneck getting data into this TPS file.

trent

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2012, 09:19:16 PM »
The GPF was caused by using COM ADO in the procedure.

Changing the procedure to use the Dynamic File Driver (with incomplete documentation and examples to learn from imho) has fixed this issue.

Thank you for your help Kevin and Bruce.

Regards,
Trent