NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Multiple selects from 1 button  (Read 4793 times)

ChrisLaurie

• View Profile
Multiple selects from 1 button
« on: June 21, 2007, 01:36:36 AM »
Hi All

I have a droplist with three items (account type) and depending on which option is selected in the drop list I need to use a different select screen for another field (account number) as their are 3 possible source tables for the same number, depending on type.

How do I call and handle one of the 3 different select pages?

Also I need to make validation on entry and display the correct description. I assume I can just say send new value to server on the drop list and the correct value for account type is stored in the session queue for me to use.

Cheers

Chris

Alan Telford

• View Profile
Re: Multiple selects from 1 button
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 12:46:59 PM »
Chris,

I haven't tried this. You may need to setup 3 fields (one per type of lookup), and then make them conditional on the value from the droplist.
i.e. droplist = 1; show lookup field 1; hide lookup fields 2 and 3.
droplist = 2; show lookup field 2; hide lookup fields 1 and 3.

Give that a try.
Alan

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 10:29:46 PM »
Hi Chris,

>> I have a droplist with three items (account type) and depending on which option is selected in the drop list I need to use a different select screen for another field (account number) as their are 3 possible source tables for the same number, depending on type.

Set the URL for the lookup to be a session variable. ie instead of
'browseAccounts' use p_web.GetSessionValue('lookupAccounts')
Then when the drop list changes change the value in LookupAccounts AND remember to "reset" the Account Number form field.

>> Also I need to make validation on entry and display the correct description. I assume I can just say send new value to server on the drop list and the correct value for account type is stored in the session queue for me to use.

yes.

Cheers
Bruce

ChrisLaurie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 10:35:45 PM »
Thanx Bruce!

Wow! This dynamic saving of URLS through the session queue opens up all sorts of interesting possibilities. While the earning curve is sometines frustrating it is fun to play with new technologies!

Cheers

Chris