NetTalk Central

Author Topic: “Vertically Contract/Expand Row” - How does it work?  (Read 2172 times)

Rob Kolanko

• View Profile
“Vertically Contract/Expand Row” - How does it work?
« on: January 26, 2012, 01:54:02 PM »
On a the “On Click” tab of the “Field” template of the NetWebBrowse template, there is a “Browse Behaviour” group with an option to “Vertically Contract/Expand Row”.  I have tried to use this option on a string that starts a new row of a browse. The icon appears but nothing happens when clicked on it. The row does not hide. How is option suppose to work? I cannot find any documentation on it.
Thanks,
Robert Kolanko

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: “Vertically Contract/Expand Row” - How does it work?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 12:04:00 AM »
Hi Robert,

The best example for this is "Multi-Row (50)". Indeed this feature is only useful when dealing with multi-row browses.

Bad news though - I haven't been to this example for a while, so it needs some updating to match NT6. I've done that for the next build. Even worse news, the feature is broken in the current build, but again I've sorted that for the next build. So these instructions apply to
build 6.18 and later.

To add an expand/contract icon to the row - add a column to the top row of the browse. I usually make it the right-most column on the top row. In the example this field is declared as a local data variable, and called loc:contract.

For this field, on the "On Click" tab, set the "Vertically Contract/Expand Row" on.
If you like you can set the icons here as well - to a std jQuery icon (see http://jqueryui.com/themeroller/ for a list).
The defaults are 'circle-arrow-n' and 'circle-arrow-s' - but I also use 'circle-minus' and 'circle-plus' as good alternatives. (As with all jQuery icon names, you drop the ui-icon pat of the name.)

You can also determine the original state of the rows (contracted or expanded) using the condition there. Usually I set it to either
true
(meaning all the rows open contracted) or
false
(meaning all open expanded) - but obviously you can use any condition here you like. For example you could open unpaid invoices as expanded, and paid as contracted and so on.

so, in summary:
a) Works on Multi-Row browses
b) create a field, and tick on  "Vertically Contract/Expand Row"

cheers
Bruce

« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 12:14:08 AM by Bruce »

Rob Kolanko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 08:16:44 AM »
I look forward to the next release for the fix. In may case, I would like to place the "Vertically Contract/Expand Row" at the end of the second row to hide the third row. The feature is not restricted to the first row?

bruce2

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 08:33:27 PM »
Unfortunately it's restricted to the top row.