NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Book - Developing Web Applications with NetTalk.  (Read 8854 times)

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Book - Developing Web Applications with NetTalk.
« on: November 29, 2011, 09:25:54 PM »
The notes from the 2010 WebShop are available as a PDF Book (187 pages). While I understand the natural conflict between being both the product writer, and the writer of the book, the overwhelming feedback I get is that the book is valuable for developers new to the web, and new to NetTalk.

You don't have to have the book to learn NetTalk, many people on this site managed before the book was available. That said, it shortens the learning curve a lot, so it depends a bit on how much your time is worth.

John Welch, a new NetTalk user puts it like this;

>>  I also bought the NetTalk book. I have to say that I was thinking that the book should be included with the software as I was paying for it. Now that I am reading it I have to say that it is worth every penny. I can see the care and effort you put into it.

>> I appreciate the whole “hold the beginners hand” approach because that is exactly what I needed to confront this topic at all. The internet is to me a very broad generality and you have distilled the aspects that are important to getting a web app up and running.

>> You have put web applications well within reach of even us old time programmers and I am grateful.

Of course if you attended the webshop in 2010, in any of the locations we did it in, you'll have a printed copy of the book already - but you also have access to the PDF (which got updated along the way). If you don't have that yet you can order it, and put "free - webshop attendee" in the comments field when ordering.

The book has been part of our Capevember specials and is currently available at ClarionShop
https://www.clarionshop.com/secure/checkout.cfm?pid=1329&q=1&PC=NetTalkBook
It is on special until November 30 (today) at $80 off. So well worth a look.

Cheers
Bruce

PS - If you do have the book feel free to write a comment below. It's safe to say I have a credibility problem when it comes to prompting the book, and so your comments (good or bad) will help other users determine if it's worth their money or not.

Niels Larsen

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Book - Developing Web Applications with NetTalk.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 04:29:19 AM »
Okay - I attended NetTalk wepshop, but I have had great benefit from reading this book. After a few hours of reading, I moved from a 4 to an 8 (out of 10) - both in using NetTalk templates but also to understand and use CSS, etc.
Great book to get started with NetTalk and do a some business - fast.
Very good to fall asleep  ;)
My recommendation!

Regards Niels

Skip Williams

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 06:10:47 AM »
Hi Bruce,

Are you planning to update it for NT 6?

Skip

ccordes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 12:39:30 PM »
I recommend this book to anyone wanting to get working with NetTalk Web Server.

Can't wait for version 6.
Real programmers use copy con newapp.exe