NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Sending email - Exchange server  (Read 3541 times)

alex.kolaric

• Do it or do not, there is no try
    • View Profile
    • Email
Sending email - Exchange server
« on: November 11, 2011, 09:17:40 AM »
Hi,

I need a help with sending of email through exchange server. The way I understood it exchange server should be addressed the same way as any other SMTP server when it comes to NetTalk app. We asked our customers to setup one Outlook email account in order to see settings they use to connect to the exchange server, however there is only server name and mailbox name for exchange server and the account is set in exchange mode. Is it possible to send email using only these 2 values (I doubt it) or I need complete list of values (server name/port/user name/pwd) to access it and is there anything their administrator should do to provide me access with Nettalk.

Thanks,
Alex

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Sending email - Exchange server
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 09:26:56 PM »
Hi Alex,

as long as the server is set to accept SMTP you should be ok wth just the server name.

SMTP doesn't require a port (it defaults to 25, so if they don't give you one you can assume it's 25) and it doesn't necessarily require a login to send mail. So you don't need to set the login and password to send mail, if the server doesn't require it.

cheers
Bruce

alex.kolaric

• Do it or do not, there is no try
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sending email - Exchange server
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 03:10:12 AM »
Thanks Bruce,

you helped me a lot.

Best regards,
Alex