NetTalk Central

Author Topic: prototype netwebsource with additional parameters  (Read 1768 times)

sabra

• View Profile
    • Email
prototype netwebsource with additional parameters
« on: December 30, 2010, 11:43:02 AM »
Hi folks,
Started as a normal clarion source procedure i prototyped it with  (long recordsysid, long sessionid).
I now have to access the p_web object because i have to store a var (result of email process) in a <!-- Net:v:Variable --> tag

if a prototype the procedure as  ( NetWebServerWorker p_web,  long recordsysid)  i get compile errors in the webhandler procedure (processtag).

Is this possible or must i change to a session value for the recordsysid ?

Best regards,

Walter The netherlands

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: prototype netwebsource with additional parameters
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 10:48:38 PM »
You say it started out as a regular source procedure, but then it sounds like you changed it to a NetWebSource...

So, you'd only need a netwebsource if you were actively gonna geneerate some html, and send that to the browser. It doesn't _sound_ like you're doing that, but I'm not sure.

If you aren't then just change it back to a normal source, but leave the prototype as is - ie including the p_web parameter.

If you need it to be a netWebSource, then it's better to pass the parameter in the Value queue, or session queue rather than as a parameter.

cheers
Bruce

terryd

• View Profile
    • Davcomm
    • Email
Re: prototype netwebsource with additional parameters
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 12:54:33 AM »
And if you haven't got it get the Nettalk webbook. It's amazing how much information is in there. (This topic is covered as well)
Terry Davidson
Windows 10 64 bit/Windows7 64bit
Clarion 9.1.11529/Clarion10 12567
Nettalk 913
Nettalk 1015
StringTheory267/Winevent515/XFiles298/MessageBox239/Cryptonite186