NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Multi componentunique key gives record not found.  (Read 2361 times)

ChrisLaurie

• View Profile
Multi componentunique key gives record not found.
« on: May 12, 2010, 11:50:54 PM »
I have a browse/form on a table that has a three component unique key. When I hit the change button the form loads but with the record not found error message. The key component fields for the record show different values than the one that was highlighted.

It is as if the values of the key values are not stored properly for rereading when .

In fact the following shows that all three key components have different values of only the third component:
p_web.GetSessionValue('PT_PACK:orgzn')
p_web.GetSessionValue('PT_PACK:commodity')
p_web.GetSessionValue('PT_PACK:pack'

Is there some magic to get multi-component keys to work?

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Multi componentunique key gives record not found.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 07:02:41 AM »
Hi Chris,

Multi-component unique keys are not supported in NetTalk 4.
I've been adding some support for them in NetTlak 5, but support is still some way from being complete.

Sorry
Cheers
Bruce

ChrisLaurie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 08:47:46 PM »
As they say in the classics "bummer".

Is it worth my while to ask when it will be in?

I'm unlikely to win a db-design debate that adds new serial numbers to some 30 tables in our 500 table dictionary. Some codes are unique in their own base files and then there are other base files with unique combinations of some of the codes.

Our methodology of codes is quite entrenched (read legacy with a lot of long time investment throughout the country) .

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 09:26:07 PM »
It's hard to know exactly when support for it will be completed Chris, but I'll move it up the list. I have been making some progress on it this week, but as you might expect it affects quite a few places in the code.

Cheers
Bruce