NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Posting to Paypal  (Read 4323 times)

astahl

• View Profile
    • Email
Posting to Paypal
« on: August 28, 2015, 09:25:28 AM »
Hi All,

I have a web client in my NTServer that I want to post a payment to paypal. The documentation says that a return page is required, so what would I use for the page received? Our other website  returns the response to a "http://mywebsite.com/ThankYou.aspx" page. And would one still get the PageReceived info from the post?

Ashley

PaulMacFarlane

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Posting to Paypal
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 10:33:35 AM »
Are you talking about IPN?

Little confused here by what you mean by "post a payment".

PP requires a place to post transactions to you (payment received, etc) and you need to acknowledge receipt by basically posting back to them the exact same thing.

Are you actually sending credit card info, etc? Are you building the transaction on your site (not theirs which it typical)?
Is that what you mean by post a payment?

astahl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 04:36:10 AM »
Hi Paul,

No I am not sending any credit card info. We are using PayPal Pro, and are sending them to a PayPal hosted webpage with the purchase details.

I am new to paypal's payment side, so sorry for the confusion as I am confused.

From my understanding is that PayPal will return to your website using your "Thank you page" when the transaction is completed.

Ashley

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 11:41:17 PM »
Hi Ashley,

so, as I understand it, your program is spawning a browser window, and passing some parameters to paypal. The user then interacts with the browser window - filling in all their details etc.

Am I right so far.

Of then the user clicks on "submit" and the payment goes through. At this point something then appears in the browser? What that something is, is the URL that you specified. since it's your URL you will need it to be a web page that you can serve - either something added to your existing we site, or perhaps a new web app.

>> And would one still get the PageReceived info from the post?

If you are simulating the whole browser experience via your program, using the NetWebclient, then I guess there will be a number of steps you will need to automate. You'll get back everything from the server, ending finally with an instruction to "redirect" to your thank-you URL.

But I expect there's a fair bit of interaction before then.

cheers
Bruce

astahl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 02:59:03 AM »
Hi Bruce,

Yes you are correct.

I am gonna try and do a charge today and see what happens.

Thanks

Ashley

astahl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 04:29:15 AM »
Hi Paul and Bruce,

Paul, would you have an example that you could share on how to do this in NetTalk?

My first attempt failed, gonna try again.

Also I am checking into other payment options with PayWire being one of them.

Ashley

astahl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 03:22:20 AM »
Hi All,

Using the net web client as Bruce suggested to do the post to PayPal. The post looks like it is returning a secure html page for me to redirect to. Do I just take all the return info and redirect to that page using info returned. If so then does one redirect from the response and then close the window and wait for it to call my return page?

Ashley

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 07:29:00 AM »
If you are using the NetWebClient class, and not a browser, then you "follow" the pages as if you were driving them from a browser. So you must make the same calls to the server as a browser would do.

So yeah, if it gives you back a redirect, then you do the redirection it is telling you to do.

cheers
Bruce

astahl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 09:08:18 AM »
Hi Bruce,

In what embed would I post/redirect the returned web page from, in PageReceived? Would I use net.redirect() to do that?

Ashley

astahl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 07:17:57 AM »
Hi Bruce,

Never mind I got it thanks.

Ashley