NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Odd behaviour trying to download emails  (Read 2571 times)

vklemet

• View Profile
Odd behaviour trying to download emails
« on: August 21, 2020, 04:24:52 AM »
Hello,

I am trying to figure out why email download gets stuck when loading a mail with somewhat large attachment (> 20MB). When using /netall, debugview shows something I don't quite understand, for me it seems that NT is trying to download same thing again and again decrementing then number of parts by 1 each iteration (part of the log attached). It seems to do it until 0 and then just stop without calling ErrorTrap. Any ideas what is going on and how I could fix this?

BR,
Vesa

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Odd behaviour trying to download emails
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 11:23:10 PM »
I don't think you'll have a lot of joy reading the log from the DLL. The log at the class level may be helpful.
To understand what is going on, the log should be used in conjunction with the source code in netemail.clw
(you don't mention which build of NetTalk you are using...)

cheers
Bruce

vklemet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 04:00:50 AM »
Thanks for the reply. We are currently using version 10.38 of NetTalk.

Ok, did another run with /nettalklog on. In the log there is a _DebugPacketNumber value, which is incrementing and value "data length" which seems to quite constantly be 4096. Can total downloaded bytes be calculated by multiplying the two values together? If so, the download seems to stop before the full message is received, in the case of the log there is about 23 MB downloaded on a message than has 27 MB attachment.

Br,
Vesa

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 10:47:34 PM »
If you privately email your account details I can try a download from here and see if I get the same effect.

cheers
Bruce