NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Memory Form - Lookup empties SessionValue queue  (Read 2318 times)

CaseyR

• View Profile
    • Email
Memory Form - Lookup empties SessionValue queue
« on: November 06, 2015, 03:06:42 PM »
Hi,  Bruce

I have been using memory forms to receive user input for control parameters for several years.  Many of these forms have multiple lookup buttons.   Recently (at least from 8.61) doing a lookup on any of these form frequently seems to empty the session value queue, (as opposed to clearing individual session values). It almost looks like the lookup is being treated as a new browser tab.  I can't replicate the problem in one of the examples, so it may be the complexity of the forms themselves and the number of lookups.    I can work around the problem by using In Memory tables instead of local variables but it is a fair amount of rework.   I don't see any other mentions of this problem so it may be  something I have set accidentally.   Any suggestions?   Thanks a lot.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Memory Form - Lookup empties SessionValue queue
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 10:53:01 PM »
Nothing springs to mind off the top of my head Casey.

CaseyR

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Memory Form - Lookup empties SessionValue queue - Replicated
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 02:54:09 PM »
Hi, Bruce

Don't know why I didn't think  of this earlier, but I was able to replicate the problem in an Example app by turning on Multi-tab support.  In the Basic with Menu example (2)  I have added a button to the menu that opens a memory form and has a single memory field for the mail box name with popup lookup.  The lookup assigns the mail box number to a memory variable and saves it as a Session Value.  So far, so good.  With Multi-tab support turned off, the session value is still there in Validate All is called with the Save button.  With multi-tab turned on, the session value is empty..   There are trace functions in both After Lookup and Validate All to show the results.

Thanks.

Using 8.61

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Memory Form - Lookup empties SessionValue queue
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 12:12:32 AM »
Examples certainly make things a lot easier. I've isolated the problem, and fixed it for 8.67

Cheers
Bruce