NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Call popup procedure in Validate all embed point ?  (Read 1853 times)

johanco123

• View Profile
    • Email
Call popup procedure in Validate all embed point ?
« on: July 30, 2014, 10:37:40 PM »
Hi Bruce

I have a memory form. In the Validate All embed-point I have some code, then I want to call a popup procedure (Memory form) with selections on, and then proceed with the code after the popup form was closed.

code xxxxx
wSelForm(p_web)    !Memory form
code yyyyy

How can I get this working to popup the form in the code

Kind regards
Johan

terryd

• View Profile
    • Davcomm
    • Email
Re: Call popup procedure in Validate all embed point ?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 10:58:56 PM »
Hi Johan
From curiosity why would you call a separate form with the selections rather that have the selections on the same form hidden and then unhide them based on whatever your code requires?
Terry Davidson
Windows 10 64 bit/Windows7 64bit
Clarion 9.1.11529/Clarion10 12567
Nettalk 913
Nettalk 1015
StringTheory267/Winevent515/XFiles298/MessageBox239/Cryptonite186

johanco123

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 11:10:51 PM »
Hi Terry

I use the form for different transaction types an in the code according to a specific client certain criteria is only for that client to select from. So in the code at a certain point the client must enter the correct criteria to proceed in the calculation that follows.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 12:36:52 AM »
Hi Johan,

>> I have a memory form. In the Validate All embed-point I have some code, then I want to call a popup procedure (Memory form) with selections on, and then proceed with the code after the popup form was closed.

sorry, but you're thinking in a "windows" way, not a "web" way. The short answer is that you can't do this - at least not this way.

You need to think in a "request / response" way. The user does something, you do something. The user does something, you do something and so on.

Perhaps re-frame your question in those terms, and think about what sort of things the user is doing, and then let's go from there.

cheers
Bruce