NetTalk Central

NetTalk Web Server => Web Server - Ask For Help => Topic started by: rjolda on July 08, 2026, 11:55:24 AM

Title: DNSimple DNS method for Lets encrypt fails.
Post by: rjolda on July 08, 2026, 11:55:24 AM
Hi,
Using C11.1 and NT14.38
I have my DNS Simple set up and running.  I have filled in all of the information on the Server.  I test my DNS credentials and they are OK.
"Call to WhoAmI was Successful
HTTP/1.1 200 OK"
I go to test getting a Certificate and it goes through the process and hangs at :
[ 7/08/26-15:49:57]  DNS Record not yet propogated. Rechecking.     <<<<<<<<<<<<==========

This is the precursor message:
[ 7/08/26-15:49:56]  Checking DNS Record propogation
[ 7/08/26-15:49:55]  DNS Challenge for pdmginc.com being created

Where do I look for a problem?
Thanks,
Ron
Title: Re: DNSimple DNS method for Lets encrypt fails.
Post by: PaulMacFarlane on August 25, 2026, 11:42:51 PM
Who is you DNS provider?

I have a client using Godaddy and the DNS challenge method is now broken.  The challenge record cannot be posted using v1 API anymore.  You have to use the v3 and it requires an interactive login.

So, the option is to go to move DNS to CloudFlare or some other provider that allows the DNS challenge.
Title: Re: DNSimple DNS method for Lets encrypt fails.
Post by: rjolda on August 26, 2026, 02:42:23 AM
Hi,
I am using dnssimple.
NT does have a DNS app which connects to DNSsimple account and can edit it.
Ron