NetTalk Central

Author Topic: App will not work on a smartphone  (Read 3469 times)

John Fligg

• View Profile
    • Ambrit Software
    • Email
App will not work on a smartphone
« on: December 22, 2011, 01:22:07 AM »
I have a TEST app at www.ambritsoftware-uk.com/?_mobile_=1 - note I can reproduce this using IE/Firefox/Chrome hence the mobile switch.

If you log in as demo/demo, go to View then select Contacts for example the following happens:

IE - You see the browse contact but cannot add a record
Firefox - acts the same as IE
Chrome - you cannot click on View and get the browse

On my smartphone (I have tried Blackberry and HTC) the same happens as above. Running in desktop mode of course all is perfect. I am using the Accordian menu style although other styles cause the same effect.

If I forget about Add not working and concentrate on Chrome which does not allow me to select form the menu maybe this is best as that might resolve the other issues. Chrome and the smartphone must be doing something that IE and Firefox do - and finding that must be the key to this.

Could anyone suggest what this might be? I know Bruce said to concentrate on desktop apps for now as the mobile stuff is not quite ready - I understand that - but surely someone must have an app running on a  smartphone.

Any ideas are appreciated since I have to demo this in a month!!! The demo does not have to be perfect but I need to prove to people that you can run an app on a tablet or a smartphone in principle.

Many thanks

John Fligg

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: App will not work on a smartphone
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 05:14:51 AM »
>> Any ideas are appreciated since I have to demo this in a month!!! The demo does not have to be perfect but I need to prove to people that you can run an app on a tablet or a smartphone in principle.

Have you tried converting example 3, as explained in the posting in the share-knowledge section?

Cheers
Bruce

John Fligg

• View Profile
    • Ambrit Software
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 07:27:45 AM »
Thanks Bruce.

Yes example 3 does work. So I put it back into desktop mode. That menu style is different to mine.

So does this mean that if using Accordian or other menu styles it does not convert to mobile mode?

IOW Do I have to use Double Drop instead for the time being plus all the other restictions?

John

John Fligg

• View Profile
    • Ambrit Software
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 07:55:48 AM »
BTW Bruce - made ALL those changes to my existing app and that does NOT work.

John