NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Scheduling template  (Read 2814 times)

John Fligg

• View Profile
    • Ambrit Software
    • Email
Scheduling template
« on: March 08, 2012, 12:43:17 AM »
I am looking for a template that will deliver a view something similar to the attached screenshot. I currently use a 3rd party template in a standrad Clarion application but that is now looking quite old and tired and I need a fresh look. Also it cannot be integrated into NT6.

I have also looked at the HotDates example in NT6 but that is of little use as it does not show multiple appointments on one day other than if you use a standard Clarion browse and Bruce suggests this is not going to be a feature in the foreseeable future. I have also looked at the full Hot Dates example but that again does not really look up to date these days and the demo has very little functionality I am finding.

Has anyone implemented a good calendar with NT6 and if so where would I find this along with any documentation or examples how to implement it.

The features I would require are probably standard these days - drag and drop, drag to increase the appointment time, day - week - monthly views.

I really need something I can add very quickly to evaluate and make a decision how to move forward.

Many thanks

John

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jeffrey Kuijt

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Scheduling template
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 04:51:36 AM »
Hi John,

Look at FullCalendar, I use it in NT5 and it's great and free!

See this thread:
http://www.nettalkcentral.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=36&topic=3180.0
Alex Kolaric has helped me on my way!

FullCalendar has been documented very well, see:
http://arshaw.com/fullcalendar/docs/

Best regards
Jeffrey

John Fligg

• View Profile
    • Ambrit Software
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 07:52:21 AM »
Thanks Jeffrey. That looks awfully complicated to add in - I was really hoping someone would have found something that works with TPS files just about out of the box to deliver the basic functionality at least.

I would not mind spending on a template that delivered what I need if a bettwer solution is available at a cost.

John

Jeffrey Kuijt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 10:06:46 AM »
Hi John,

Well, it isn't that hard at all.
I use StringTheory to build a JSON string with data from my TPS files and FullCalendar will place the data from the JSON string on the calendar.
In the JSON string I also have an url per calendar event, so that when you click on an event, the NetTalk Form is loaded with the correct record from the TPS file.
I have also made some JavaScript "tweaks" (settings) which you can read in the FullCalendar docs.

I am very happy with FullCalendar because it is a very powerfull FREE JavaScript Calendar (Month/Week/Day view) with JQuery Theming support.

Best regards
Jeffrey

John Fligg

• View Profile
    • Ambrit Software
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 11:35:42 PM »
Jeffey -thank you. I actually checked out the Full Calendar website some more and it does indeed look worth spending more time on this.

Do you by any chance have an example you can send me so I can get started with it all. I am happy using NT6 but very new to integrating anything with it and any example would be of great use so I can look at it and see just what is involved.

Many thanks

John

Jeffrey Kuijt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 11:45:26 PM »
Hi John,

I don't have a stripped example at the moment, but to start, look at the the other thread I mentioned, where Alex Kolaric helped me on my way.

Best regards
Jeffrey