NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Rename search button and change the requered fild  (Read 1409 times)

lkeyser

• View Profile
    • Email
Rename search button and change the requered fild
« on: August 06, 2013, 08:08:40 AM »
Hi Everyone.

Small problem I have or lack of knowhow.
I'm developing a website in a different language.
I managed to change all the buttons to the correct language except the search button at the top of the browse. Where change I do this?

My second question is:
In the comment field. For example.
When I add a field that is required. The “required” comment display next to the field (as it should)
Is there a global area where I can change this? Or do I need to do it field by field in the form.
Regards
Louis

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Rename search button and change the requered fild
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 10:52:36 PM »
Hi Louis,
>> except the search button at the top of the browse. Where change I do this?

WebServer procedure, NetTalk Extension, Settings/Buttons tab.

>> When I add a field that is required. The “required” comment display next to the field (as it should)
Is there a global area where I can change this? Or do I need to do it field by field in the form.

all "text" (including that text) is passed through a method in the webHandler called .Translate
the english string is passed into Translate, and you can then replace it there with anything else you like.

The idea is that (usually) you have some sort of "translation engine" in the app - so you pass the string there to your engine, and the engine proves the replacement. It might be as simple as a file lookup, or it might be a lot more complex than that.

Incidentally, this approach means that the same app can work for english and non-english users at the same time. ie the user can select the language from whatever list you offer.

cheers
Bruce

lkeyser

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Rename search button and change the requered fild
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 04:25:07 AM »
Thanks you so much Bruce. Got it going  ;D
Regards
Louis