NetTalk Central

Author Topic: 7.15 error - nav buttons disappear on filtered browse  (Read 2122 times)

markster

• View Profile
    • Email
7.15 error - nav buttons disappear on filtered browse
« on: July 12, 2013, 03:05:21 PM »
I am displaying a browse embedded in a form. The browse has about 100 records in it. I am using the Page load option with 20 records displayed. I have Nav buttons displayed above. Once I first load the form, the browse nav buttons are present. As soon as click on Next or Last, the browse updates properly, but the Nav buttons disappear.

I changed the Nav buttons setting to display both above and below. Now the above Nav buttons disappear while the below buttons remain visible, but do not functioning properly.

I changed the Nav buttons setting to below. Now the Nav buttons remain visible and function normally.

Regards,

Mark

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 7.15 error - nav buttons disappear on filtered browse
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 10:19:56 PM »
thanks for the report Mark - fixed for 7.16

Rob Kolanko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 01:02:08 PM »
Bruce,
I am experiencing a similar but different problem with a complex browse that the navigation controls were working up to NT7.14. The browse has number of EIP fields including fields with drop list entry, text entry and as well as field for contract and expand with multiple lines for each record. In this browse, the navigation buttons are appearing but are not working, whether the buttons are above, below or both sides of the browse. The browse also has conditional filters.
When I click on a navigation button, Firefly reports this xhtml error:
junk after document element
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>               aoc_ch...27d66te (line 2, col 1)

Also I compiled the web50 example app in NT7.15, although the navigation buttons are working, all records are expanded showing all lines when the browse is navigated to the next page.
Hopefully these problems are corrected in the NT7.16 fix, but I thought you should know about the "contract and expand" issues and the error that I received.

Rob

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 11:37:14 PM »
Hi Rob,

>> Also I compiled the web50 example app in NT7.15, although the navigation buttons are working, all records are expanded showing all lines when the browse is navigated to the next page.

thanks - fixed for 7.16.

>> When I click on a navigation button, [Firebug] reports this xhtml error:

Can you post the actual Response (that contains the error) here as well please?

Cheers
Bruce

Rob Kolanko

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 10:22:49 AM »
The error message is
junk after document element
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>          all.js?c (line 357, col 1)
_↑

The actual response would not post on the forum. I have saved it in an attachment.

Rob

[attachment deleted by admin]