NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Child Browse  (Read 3166 times)

dbourrut

• View Profile
    • Email
Child Browse
« on: August 21, 2007, 04:13:51 AM »
I have a project browse and I want to have a time Browse showing the various tasks and their time spent on that task for the project. Following the pattern of App 31 (accounting app) I have listed the child browse in the parent browse info and I have listed the parent browse in the child browse. However this causes the tree structure to show the parent browse under the the child browse with the designation "(Recursive)". Obviously I'd like this not to occur.

Also, when I attempt to add fields to the browse a message pops-up several times saying "Unknown Variable '%nFieldFile'." Why is this occuring?

Thanks,

Drew

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Child Browse
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 07:52:10 AM »
Hi Drew,

>> However this causes the tree structure to show the parent browse under the the child browse with the designation "(Recursive)". Obviously I'd like this not to occur.

sorry, that's the way it is. The parent references the child, and vice versa.

>> Also, when I attempt to add fields to the browse a message pops-up several times saying "Unknown Variable '%nFieldFile'." Why is this occurring?

see here
http://www.nettalkcentral.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=36&topic=71.0

Cheers
Bruce

dbourrut

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Child Browse
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 09:29:02 AM »
Thanks Bruce.

I did manage to miss that the recursive does show in your example. Thanks again for the pointer to the template change.

Drew
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 11:41:15 AM by dbourrut »