NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Adding button in 5.12  (Read 2568 times)

ccordes

• View Profile
    • Email
Adding button in 5.12
« on: January 21, 2011, 02:31:42 PM »
Hi
I just updated to 5.12. In an app that is working, I have added a button and I can't get it to fire off the code in the server-side embed.
I have a button already on the form and THAT works, but not the new button.
Stupidly, I removed the working button and now no buttons work except the Save and Cancel buttons.

Here is what the buttons do - they preset a date range with Today or Last Week.
I check the Send new value to server and put some code in at the server code button embed. Then reset the date fields with the new values.
I put some ds_debug statements in there to watch and none of them fire.
The original button worked and the ds_debug messages did display. Now they don't. :(

AND yes, I updated the web folder contents.

This is a show stopper. Can anyone point me to what might work?
In the meantime I will drop back to 5.09

thanks
chris
Real programmers use copy con newapp.exe

ccordes

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Adding button in 5.12
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 12:42:44 PM »
Tried this in a simple app and it works. more than one button on the form is no problem.
BUT where I need it to work, is a multi-dll project with an embeded browse.
I created a new web form procedure and the first button works, but not the second. I don't see where the difference might be.

TIA
chris

kevin plummer

• View Profile
    • Production Accounting and Software Payroll
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 01:42:33 PM »
Try it in the example Multi-dll app to narrow down further. I have come across some problems in multi-dll which work fine in single exe apps before.

Cheers,

Kev

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 10:35:04 PM »
In a Multi-Dll situation you will need to recompile the app with the "WebHandler" from time to time - especially if you add new procedures, or new dynamic controls to procedures. So I'm guessing this is the root of your problem.

cheers
Bruce

ccordes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 04:45:44 AM »
Thanks,

2 issues; 1 - my RED file had a *.* entry that didn't start with .\ so my app_ni.clw files were being created in the images directory.
 the second is a little weird and I can't say why I tried this, but I put an entry field between the buttons and they worked. Then I removed the entry field expecting them to fail again and they didn't. So I added another button which didn't work. Added the entry field, the button then worked, removed the entry field, the buttons continue to work. um... like I said - a little weird.

I have the feeling that the entry field is a red herring that it is something I'm doing while creating the field.
I have only found this issue in my multi-dll app.

Chris