NetTalk Central

Author Topic: 4.31pre10 fails to remember current tab  (Read 2534 times)

Alan Telford

• View Profile
4.31pre10 fails to remember current tab
« on: August 12, 2008, 02:12:17 PM »
Hi
I finally got time to download the latest preview release and give it a quick whirl.
I have a number of netwebform with multiple tabs. Tab 1+2 are memory forms with a save button. Tab 3-6 are various browses with dropdown filters etc.

I open the form, change to tab3, press change on a row, make changes, and press save.
The table is updated, and nettalk reloads the form and switches from TAB3 to TAB1.

i.e. if a user has 10 fields to change on tab3, he has to go through a rigmarole
- select tab 3
- press next/prev to locate the appropriate row in page-loaded browse
- press chg
- make changes
- wait for page to reload
- repeat from top again.

It would be wonderful if when the page reloaded (after saving a record on the browse) that it remembered what the current tab was.

The related issue (of selecting the row just changed) when the browse reloads looks *GREAT*. It's working nicely.

Alan

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 4.31pre10 fails to remember current tab
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 05:59:39 AM »
Hi Alan,

Well good news, and bad news.
The good news is that I think the tab selection thing is fixed in PR11. At least in my testing here it seems to remember ok now.

The bad news is that the INSERT feature has been un-done, at least for this release. It breaks the "return from an update form called in "CHANGE" mode" - in many SQL sort orders. (Although not _all_ SQL sort orders.) I'm investigating to see if the underlying bug can be fixed, or if I need to take an alternate approach.

Cheers
Bruce

Alan Telford

• View Profile
Re: 4.31pre10 fails to remember current tab
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 12:42:12 PM »
Hmmm. the return to the right row after an UPDATE is definitely more important than after an INSERT.
Infact, I could *almost* live without the insert, but definitely not without the update.
Good work! I look forward to trying out PR11.