NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Custom Image on Button  (Read 2008 times)

debraballenger

• View Profile
    • Email
Custom Image on Button
« on: November 18, 2013, 01:47:30 PM »
Hi All,

I would like to use this icon set, but I seem to have issues with using the css options on a button.  I can the css\sprite\background image stuff fine anywhere except a button. Is there a special way to use sprite images on a button in nettalk?

http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/

Thanks

Debra

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Image on Button
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 09:52:24 PM »
Hi Debra,

probably the best way is to make a small example, using the icons, and post it here (obviously with the images, css etc) and let me take a look. I'm guessing it's a simple change, but hard to be specific without an example.

cheers
Bruce

debraballenger

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 08:40:32 AM »
Nevermind, it was a problem in the CSS positioning
Thanks though!

Mike Grigsby

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - onthedotsoftware
    • View Profile
    • MyHomeAssets! Software (among others)
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 08:56:27 AM »
One of the things I like about the system is you can add your own CSS styles file, and it comes last in the generation of the style on the page. So I have a running file of customizations in my file orfolio.css, in my case.

I use Firebug or Stylebot to view the element, then copy the style element from the netweb.css (or wherever) into orfolio.css, tweak the name from .nt-prompt to .orfolio-nt.prompt, for example, and customize it to my needs, then change the field or button's css element to my own. That would include adding an image to a button, of course.
Mike Grigsby
Credify Systems
Central Oregon, USA