NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Retaining Last Browse Record Pointer After Canceled Form Insert  (Read 1980 times)

Rob Mikkelsen

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - flashpott
    • View Profile
    • Email
Retaining Last Browse Record Pointer After Canceled Form Insert
« on: September 21, 2009, 06:47:36 PM »
I have a browse with two children.  Everything works great until I click "add" on the parent browse, call the form and then click "cancel," returning to the browse.  Both children forget who the parent record was and try to display data associated with record 0.

How do I:

1.  Retain the current parent record before calling the form which is then canceled, or
2.  Disable the display of the children (including controls) if the parent record number (according to the children) equals zero?

I have tried all kinds of permutations with no luck.  I have retained the previous record number and reloaded the record upon return to the browse, stuffed the record ID number on return, added a line of code in each of the child records that says if the parent recordnumber=0 then return, but nothing seems to work. 

What is the magic handshake to preserve the display and linking of the child records to the highlighted parent?

Thanks!

Rob