NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Newbie questions re jQuery mobile  (Read 2543 times)

Poul Jensen

• View Profile
    • Email
Newbie questions re jQuery mobile
« on: September 17, 2016, 07:44:11 AM »
Hello,

What version of jQuery mobile is supported by NT ?

How do I switch between the swatches in a theme (ie. use the data-theme attribute like <div data-role="page" data-theme="a|b|c|d">) ?

TIA

Cheers
/Poul

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie questions re jQuery mobile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 11:37:43 PM »
>> What version of jQuery mobile is supported by NT ?

It needs updating, but when I tested with 1.4.5 not so long ago it broke stuff, so I need a gap to dig in deeper to see what's going on.

cheers
Bruce

Poul Jensen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 12:35:24 AM »
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the info.
There obviously are some momement away from jQuery / jQuery Mobile towards other frameworks (notably Bootstrap) but I see from this posting that there definitely are activity on the jQuery Mobile end:  http://blog.jquerymobile.com/2016/01/28/a-long-overdue-status-update/

So I take it that NT will stay with jQuery for the forseeable future (that of course nobody knows how long that is...)   ?

Cheers
/Poul

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 01:48:02 AM »
Hi Poul,

If anything I would say that NetTalk will likely consolidate towards a "single" framework, which may ultimately be a combination of jQuery and Bootstrap. I'm more inclined these days to make jQuery Desktop work well on mobile devices than to keep multiple frameworks going. jQuery Mobile is nice, but it's a lot of work to make, and test, everything in multiple frameworks.

More recently (and we've covered this in various recent User Group webinars) I've looked at ways of designing for desktop, but in a way that works well on mobile screens. That effort seems to be bearing fruit so is likely the direction we'll go - at least for the next while.

Cheers
Bruce